I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chile Verde


Apparently I love Mexican food! I didn't realize until I started compiling this blog.

I haven't really made this recipe before but have eaten it all year long. My wonderful mother-in-law made a big batch for us. We've kept it in storage and whenever I don't know what to make, we have chili verde!

Process chunky in batches in food processor:

4-5 lbs tomatillos

6 large annaheims

10 green bell peppers

2 red bell peppers

2 yellow bell peppers

5-6 onions

Add 7 large cans chopped green Chiles, 4 cans green enchilada sauce, 2 cans crushed tomatillos, 1 jalepeno (or more to taste), 4 large cloves garlic chopped fine, and 1/3-1/2 cup coriander and powdered cumin. Simmer in large stock pot all day long.

Cook a roast, pork, beef, turkey, or chicken (I use chicken) and add to a portion of the sauce (if freezing or storing, wait to add meat until ready to serve). Serve over rice and black beans and top with tomatoes, cheese, salsa, guacamole, squeeze of lime, whatever else you want! (similar to a mexican hawaiian haystack)

No comments:

Post a Comment