I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Thursday, July 7, 2011

THE BEST SALAD EVER!!


Do you like the name of this recipe? I named it myself. This salad comes from my husband's Aunt Chris. My sister in law made it one Sunday dinner a couple summers ago and I fell in love. I wrote the ingredients down on a sticky note and told my mom who makes it at least once a week throughout the summer. Then I lost the sticky note and had to get the ingredients from my mom again and put it on another sticky note so I decided it was time to post about it so we don't lose the recipe for the best salad ever!! Honestly... so good.

THE BEST SALAD EVER

Salad:
Spinach
Romaine leaves
Mandarin oranges (or strawberries. I think I like strawberries better but whatever you have on hand works!)
REAL bacon bits
Avocado
lettuce
Swiss cheese
Sugared almonds

Dressing:
2 tsp chopped red onion
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 TBL Poppyseeds
1 cup oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt

You know how to make a salad. Mix all the above ingredients. To make a big bowl of this salad for a get together, I put half of the spinach/romaine mix then layer all the other ingredients then layer another spinach/romaine mix and top it off with all the other ingredients. It works great! Blend all the dressing ingredients in the blender and pour on the salad. The dressing makes the salad! Enjoy all summer long (and winter, spring, fall, etc.)!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks very tasty!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete