I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Thursday, July 7, 2011

Super Multi-Grain Bread


Remember the Quinoa Veggie Burritos I posted. If you have not made those yet, you must!! This recipe comes from the same cooking class by Joy Ercanbrack on Whole Grains. This is my FAVORITE bread recipe and makes the BEST rolls!! Even if you don't think you're into the whole multi-grain thing, you should try these and you might be surprised!!

Super Multi-Grain Bread

2 cups hot water
2/3 cup 9-grain cracked cereal
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp millet (I leave this out because I'm allergic! Who would have known?)
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp + 1 tsp flax seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp vital wheat gluten (this helps absorb the wheat and grains)
1 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup honey

Measure these ingredients into large mixing bowl. Gently fold together with a spatula and then let the mixture rest for five minutes, until yeast begins to foam. Then add:

1/4 cup oil
2 tsp liquid lecithin (this adds stretch and flexibility to the dough)
2 tsp salt
3 cups whole wheat flour (4-5 cups total)

Begin mixing with a dough hook on the mixer setting for dough until all ingredients are combined. Add up to 2 additional cups of what flour 1/2 cup at a time until dough begins to clean the sides of the mixer bowl. Knead (mix) for 8 minutes. Then add:

2 tsp dough enhancer

Knead (mix) for 2 minutes longer until dough enhancer is mixed through. This dough does not need to rise twice. Just form the bread loaves or rolls straight from the mixer.

Bread: 2 large loaves, Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Rolls: 24 rolls, Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter while still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment