I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Friday, February 25, 2011

Fiesta Loaf


I found this recipe at Taste of Home. It's another recipe that I think is good but that my husband LOVES! It is super easy! You can play around with it and add whatever you want!

Ingredients

  • 1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
  • 1/2 cup refried beans
  • 4 ounces sliced Colby cheese
  • 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
  • 4 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
  • 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
  • 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
  • 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
  • 2 tablespoons ranch salad dressing
  • 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
  • 4 ounces sliced cheddar cheese

Directions

  • Cut the top fourth off loaf of bread. Carefully hollow out top and bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. (Discard removed bread or save for another use.) Set top aside.
  • Spread refried beans inside bottom of shell. Layer with the Colby cheese, red pepper, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies, olives and tomato. Gently press layers together to flatten as needed.
  • Combine cheese blend and ranch dressing; spoon over tomato. Top with avocado and cheddar cheese. Replace bread top and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment