I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Friday, February 25, 2011

Ham and Rice Casserole


I had a bunch of ham left over a couple months ago so I googled ham casseroles and found this! And I've made it multiple times since. I've substituted the white rice for the 'harvest medley' healthy rice mix you can get at Costco. I've also used canned carrots (I know...weird) and frozen broccoli and it makes it so much easier! I also don't use as many bread crumbs and have taken out the butter all together. I just sprinkle enough bread crumbs over the top of the casserole to give it a light covering (about 1/4 cup) but you can try it either way!

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked rice (can use the quick microwave rice)
  • 2 cups diced cooked ham
  • 1 1/2 cups mixed vegetables, cooked, drained
  • 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs, tossed with 2 tablespoons melted butter

Preparation:

Combine cooked rice, ham, vegetables, cream of mushroom soup, milk, and taste to add salt and pepper. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish or similar 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole with cooking spray. Spoon rice and ham mixture into the casserole and spread. Top evenly with buttered bread crumbs. Cook at 325° for 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Turn the broiler on for about 2 to 3 minutes to brown bread crumbs more, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment