I needed a place to compile all the recipes I collect from all over the internet... so I made this blog. It's mostly just so I can organize my recipes online instead of in a tangible book but you can definitely try any of the yummy "keeper" recipes I've found!


Friday, February 25, 2011

Sweet and Sour Chicken


I found this recipe at www.eatbetteramerica.com. I don't really follow the recipe but I'll paste it in here in case you want to! I just put chicken, pepper, onions, pineapple, and some sweet and sour sauce in a small cake pan and bake for about 40 minutes. I then serve it over 'harvest medley' rice. So easy, healthy, and yummy!

Here's the real recipe:



2

boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz each)

1/4

cup sweet-and-sour sauce

1

can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained

1/2

medium bell pepper, cut into strips

1/4

small onion, cut into small wedges

1/4

cup chow mein noodles, if desired

1.


Heat gas or charcoal grill. Cut two 18x12-inch pieces of heavy-duty foil. Spray with cooking spray. Place 1 chicken breast on one side of each foil piece. Top each with 1 tablespoon sweet-and-sour sauce and half of the pineapple, bell pepper and onion. Top with remaining sauce.

2.

Fold foil over chicken and vegetables so edges meet. Seal edges, making tight 1/2-inch fold; fold again. Allow space on sides for circulation and expansion.

3.

Cover and grill packets over medium heat 12 to 18 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Place packets on plates. Cut large X across top of each packet; fold back foil. Top with noodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment